- Create and sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Select the ADMIN tab
- Select an account from the drop-down menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the drop-down menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. This is your website tracking code.
Example Tracking ID: UA-75533524-3
- Verify the tracking code is working: Once you have successfully installed Analytics tracking, it may take up to 24 hours for data such as traffic referral information, user characteristics, and browsing information to appear in your reports. However, you can check your web tracking code setup immediately by going to REPORTING > Real Time.